The Mechanics and Logistics section is responsible for:
- Development, electro-mechanical design, construction, installation and maintenance of instrumentation made under the responsibility of the BI group;
- R&D, testing and qualification of new materials and methods for beam instrument production;
- Group-wide coordination of installation and shutdown planning;
- Group-wide support in mechanical production and analysis.
- The ML section works across all CERN accelerators and on current and future projects. It manages laboratories and a mechanical workshop on the Prevessin site as well as conventional and radioactive storage in Meyrin.
For further information, please contact the ML section leader, Raymond.Veness@cern.ch.